Do you want safe and equal access to the best in health care?
On March 24th, the American Association for Health Freedom (AAHF) testified before Congress on problems with the implementation of the DSHEA. Having presented our members’ concerns, we now need your help lobbying Congress on pending legislation to expand our health care treatment options and legislation that could severely restrict access to dietary supplements and complementary and alternative health treatment options in the future. Our written testimony can be found on our website: www.healthfreedom.net.
AAHF Annual Lobbying Day will take place on May 6, 2004 on Capitol Hill. Additionally, we have a special Congressional staff and AAHF members-only briefing on Access to Medical Treatment Act (AMTA) the morning of May 7, 2004.
How you can get involved:
1) Visit our on-line Legislation Action and send a letter to your representatives to let them know you support AMTA (H.R.2085 & S.1410). Remember to voice your opposition to bills H.R. 3377 (Dietary Supplement Access and Awareness Act) and S. 722/H.R.724 (Dietary Supplement Information Act).
2) If you’re not already a member, please become one. You can get a copy of our full membership application on our website, or use the short version on the registration form attached. For questions, please contact Tricia Fischer, Membership Director at email@example.com or 1.800.230.2762.
3) If you’re a supporter of health freedom, join us on May 6th to lobby Congress. We will gather at the Rayburn Building in the morning to meet and greet and get pointers on how to lobby and what issues to cover. You will be pre-assigned to a group and given an outline of speaking points. (More details will be sent to those who register.) Don't forget that Washington, DC is beautiful in May and we have a great Metro system (only 2 1/2 blocks from Congress) if you wanted to stay in a hotel in Northern Virginia (such as in Rosslyn, Pentagon City, or Arlington). If you're local, this is a great time to get involved, make an impact, and meet the AAHF staff, board and other members.
4) As a member, please join AAHF on May 7th (10:30a.m. -12noon) for our Congressional AMTA Briefing. Our key House sponsors, Congressmen Dan Burton (R-IN), and Peter DeFazio (D-OR), have graciously reserved a room for the Briefing. Invitations are being sent to all Senators and Congressmen, and their respective staff members.
What makes this briefing unique is that AAHF members will be able to attend and participate in what is normally a closed meeting. The briefing will include a panel of speakers, including AAHF President, Dr. Shari Lieberman, AAHF Board member and former U.S. Congressman Berkley Bedell, and AAHF Vice-President, Dr. Sherri Tenpenny along with a question and answer session for members of Congress and/or their Congressional staff.
5) Make a donation to help us fund these important Congressional events. We need your support to continue making an impact on the Hill.
Download a registration form, please fill-out and send to Taffy Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 703.759.6711. If you have any questions, please call us at 1.800.230.2762.
We hope to see you there!
Copyright © 2001
American Association for Health Freedom
9912 Georgetown Pike Suite D-2 P.O. Box 458 Great Falls, Virginia 22066
800-230-2762 703-759-0662 Fax 703-759-6711